The most important protection measure for maintaining the functionality and ensuring safe operation of these systems is to protect buried pipelines against corrosion. However, pipelines are also influenced by external factors such as lighting discharge and high-voltage systems and therefore adequate protection measures are required.
The attached article deals with solutions dor protecting pipelines in case of lightning and high-voltage interference.
- Lightning Interference
- Installation of isolating spark gaps
- Requirements on the connection systems
- Testing the isolating spark gaps
- Limit values in case of high-voltage interference
- Voltage-controlled short-circuiter